Apply lessons written in or inspired by Nature to achieve enterprise success.
GBH clients will perform better (financially, socially, and environmentally), understand more clearly their Earth home, and embrace the tenets of responsible Earth Stewardship.
- To benefit from Nature, you must be in Harmony with it. Great Blue Heron will open this path for you, and show you how to move forward – crawl; walk; run!
- We take an Ecosystem Approach to Leading and Managing, which entails:
- Understand your environment, including elements of potential and limits
- Recognize your essential factors of productivity
- Know and assess both competition and mutually interdependent entities (e.g., your place in the food chain)
- Identify your niche, and exploit it
- Four Essential Enterprise Verbs: Look, See, Feel, and Act. Guiding you to:
- Really look, with eyes open to your operating environment, external to electronic devices and the distractions of meaningless noise and data
- Be alert to see deeply, beyond the superficial
- See clearly, with comprehension, to find meaning and evoke feelings
- Feel emphatically enough to spur action
- Every lesson for Living, Learning, Serving, and Leading is written indelibly in or is powerfully inspired by Nature
- Discerning Your Mighty Oak aspiration
- Emphasize the Purpose; Find the Passion; Fuel The DREAM
- Insistence on Action
- Nothing is more important than Inspiration and Humility
Great Blue Heron assists enterprises anchored in personal integrity and professional ethics. We will help you understand and embrace environmental stewardship and selfless service if those two essential values are not already front and center for you.
- Responsible Earth Stewardship – your enterprise is a citizen of Planet Earth. GBH works with enterprises who accept and embrace, or are willing to open your eyes to this fundamental value.
- Intelligent Tinkering – a value that is ecosystem based. We must recognize that all things are interconnected and interdependent; know the consequences and implications of all actions.
- Doing Good by Doing Well – a value that recognizes our obligation to the greater good now and into the deep future. It involves performing well enough to give back and pay forward. Great Blue Heron works only with enterprises that accept such an obligation for doing good.
- Sustainability – leaving a world that can provide a future undiminished from the one we occupy. This value recognizes that we have an obligation to future generations.
- Triple Bottom Line – Making a financial profit is necessary, yet not sufficient.
GBH helps clients understand the environmental and societal bottom lines along with the financial. Managing the financials and generating a fiscal profit is necessary, but not sufficient for our clients. They want to achieve net profit along all three bottom lines.
- Four levels of fitness – GBH helps leaders recognize the critical nature of their own four-dimensional fitness, even as they understand that capacity and performance correlate with employee health and well-being. Great Blue Heron will help you understand that maintaining fitness across all four fronts enhances your ability to perform and draw satisfaction and fulfillment from your efforts to achieve fitness:
- Mental – acuity and sharpness
- Physical – health and vitality
- Emotional – friends, families, colleagues
- Spiritual – embrace of a presence larger than self
- Employing all five portals: mind, heart, body, soul, and spirit. A GBH client appreciates the need to operate and thrive along the wholeness of human experience, through mind, body, heart, soul, and spirit. Life and work are not uni-dimensional.